Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gratitude

For the past few weeks, I have been making my first daily facebook and twitter posts about being grateful for something, or praising God.  Some days, I am not grateful for vast, spiritual things, but for tiny, everyday blessings...like an unexpected text from a friend, or a much-needed item on sale at my favorite store.  Some days, I didn't feel grateful for a whole lot of things.  Some days, choosing something to share was a stretch.

Today, though, I am overwhelmingly and undoubtedly grateful for my husband.  He isn't perfect; he has little habits that drive me nuts (leaving jelly on the counter, for example).  But he also has little habits that let me know how much he cares about me, about the house, about our marriage, about our future (like cleaning the bathtub, bleaching the towels, rubbing my feet, taking on a valet job for more cash...the list goes on).  I woke up this morning to the first rays of sunshine in Pittsburgh in nearly a week and, when I looked over at him, it was suddenly so easy to see how valuable and wonderful he is.

In the bright light of day, I can see that I am blessed.  In the darkness of night, I can feel that I am blessed. 


I am truly overwhelmed by God's goodness and his grace.  I don't have much more to say than that, other than a prayer that I never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment