Sunday, March 30, 2014

Welcome to My Cyber-Kitchen!

As I am continuing to revamp the look and content of my blog, I will be incorporating some of my own recipes into weekly posts!  I had a sandwich blog that wasn't getting a whole lot of attention (probably because I only updated it every month or so), but since this blog has a healthy following, I'll be reposting the recipes here, with pictures.

I don't subscribe to any one particular diet, so the recipes will range from super-healthy to about-as-good-for-you-as-that-Double-Down-thing-KFC-put-out-a-while-ago.  The one consistent thing I'll promise is that they will be EASY.  My sandwiches are created with three things in mind.  The first is the use of simple ingredients.  Generally, I try to use ingredients you can find almost anywhere - and ingredients you can pronounce.  The second thing - er, person - I keep in mind is my husband.  He loves sandwiches and would eat them at every meal if I made them.  He appreciates my creativity, and, fortunately, he's not very picky (his short banned-ingredient list includes mushrooms, onions, and olives, and he's iffy about tofu).  I don't post anything that doesn't get his seal of approval!  The third thing is cost.  I try to keep things reasonable, knowing that most of my friends and peers, regardless of their lifestyles, have limited budgets for groceries, so I try to keep these meals within a reasonable price range.

The only thing I'll warn you about is that I typically don't use recipes myself.  I don't measure anything.  I guess.  And, nine times out of ten, things turn out pretty tasty, so I must be doing something right.  As a result, however, you will end up seeing some suggested "ranges" when it comes to things like adding spices.  I am a person who likes loads of flavor and uses very little added salt, so I'll note that in my recipes.  If you like milder or blander foods, you'll want to tone things down.

Last but not least, if you're not much of a cook yourself, or if you want some new ideas, I'm up for a challenge!  Suggest an ingredient or theme and I'll try to create a custom-made "sammich" just for you!

Thanks for reading.  Your support means so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment