Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Iced Decaf Tall Sweetened Soy Light Ice Iced Coffees And Other Frivolities

I've been neglecting my blog for several good reasons and one very bad one.  The good reasons: Ross and I have become more active with the youth at church; I spent time with my little sister when she came home to visit; we've been trying to keep the house clean; we have an insane kitten who needs more attention than we ever dreamed possible.  Plus, I am at Starbucks more.  Visiting friends, downloading music, drinking Iced Decaf Tall Sweetened Soy Light Ice Iced Coffees.

The bad but incredibly awesome reason?

Ross and I rented all the seasons of the 1990's X-Men cartoon and have been dedicated to watching them all before the end of summer. 

Like many things from my childhood, the cartoons are not as "great" as I remember, but the feeling I get when I watch them is the same as it was when I was eleven.  Looking back, fashion, pop culture, and even sentimental things never seem quite as awe-inspiring when you're looking at them with older, wiser, more mature and often more jaded eyes.  There's something to be said for those first fumbling steps of youth, whether they were in the form of poorly drawn cartoons or a bold statement in neon and spandex.  We can shake our heads and laugh, content now with our 3D CG films and our designer jeans, but how silly will we consider those things in another decade or two?

Cher said it best: "And the beat goes on."

No comments:

Post a Comment